http://www.blogger.com/app/post.pyra?blogID=8650790 neilsthepoet blog: How have I gone on

Monday, May 16, 2005

How have I gone on

How have I gone this far

Without your wisdom to guide me
Without your bright shining light
To show me the way of truth
Of what is strong and right

How have I struggled through
Without your diamond insight
Without your guidance about
What is the most just fight

I feel as though I've been blind
Before this privileged access to your wit
Should I bow before your feet
Or just politely cross my legs and sit

Beam on oh herald of the revealing
Of the ancient and old hard ways
Tell me all the secrets of healing
And the courage it takes to meet the day

I am humbled and overwhelmed
At your attention to nuance and detail
Surely if I can but learn your way
I will most assuredly never fail



Neils
12:17 am
08/29/2003
*
transcribed this time
8:31 pm
05/16/2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home