http://www.blogger.com/app/post.pyra?blogID=8650790 neilsthepoet blog: I dream

Friday, October 29, 2004

I dream

I dream

I dream of having a country place
Where I can live with all my cats and dogs
Where I can grow myself a free form garden
Where I can sit and think on an old rotting log

I long to be free of this urbanity
With all its regulations codes and rules
Where nosey neighbors don't mind their business
And go pokin about and being meddlesome fools

I want to see a sunrise come up over a hill
I want to hear the birds start to chirp and sing
I would like to have a front porch to sit on
I'd like to get back to the simple things

I'd like to grow a few crops
I'd like to go fishin on some pond
I'd like to let my mind rest inside
Some natural scenes to which I'd grow quite fond

I'd like to yell out my back door
Straight out to the moon the stars and sky
I'd like to lay out in my front yard and watch
Some puffy white clouds drift over and by

I dream of a dream within a dream
I dream of you and I taking an evening walk
And how we'd learn how to love this life
Learn how to be friends and laugh and talk

Neils
7:44 pm
06/22/2004
*
transcribed this time
6:30 am
10/29/2004

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many times have I thought of this?!
Some place to call your own.
Well said.

"I long to be free of this urbanity"
Yeah. I'm getting kind of sick of it myself.
I wouldn't mind coming back into town...to visit.

Thanks for puting your work up for others to see.

Ken from New Jersey

November 25, 2004 at 9:21 AM  
Blogger neilsthepoet said...

Thanks Ken,

I just found your comment.

I've moved to a small town in Oklahoma...

I'm about two miles from a place.

There's only 1300 around here.

So I do get some of it in.

All the best
All the best




Neils
8:06 pm
03/28/2010

March 28, 2010 at 6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home