http://www.blogger.com/app/post.pyra?blogID=8650790 neilsthepoet blog: It is a hard path to walk

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

It is a hard path to walk

It is a hard path to walk

When one chooses the warriors way
It is not always based on talk
Or in negotiating everything you say

Sometimes it's us or them
Sometimes it's me or him
And you do everything you can
To keep the other guys chances slim

It takes a lot of training
Thinking sweat and sacrifice
You learn to instinctually trust each other
You don't always have time to repeat yourself twice

But we do give a damn about our nation
Our loved ones family and friends
And we are willing to walk it out there
Where you don't have the luxury of depends

You run you gun
You read letters from home
We all live for each other
Because in the end

We all die alone

****
****

I still have brothers I'll never forget
I still have moments of stark sheer fear
I still try to speak for those who can't anymore
And it is only for them I shed any tears

But I love you anyway
Even if I'm not understood
And if I had to do it all again
I know I would

War never leaves you
I see it on the young men coming back
To me....

They look like young wolves
Just trying to find their pack




Neils
9:14 pm
05/07/2008
*
transcribed this time
9:41 pm
05/07/2008


N.....again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home