http://www.blogger.com/app/post.pyra?blogID=8650790 neilsthepoet blog: In the Land of Special Privileges

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

In the Land of Special Privileges

In the land of special privileges
I ask for none
I rise each day
And greet the morning sun

With my integrity intact
With my word still ringing true
Who are these people
That want to tell me about you

Like we’re all supposed to
Divide and choose sides
I don’t get it
Who is it that decides

What is valuable
What determines worth
But I guess that’s the question
Ever since man has walked this earth

What part plays the heart
In all we say or are told
What brings us closer
To the whole of the soul

I’m not the one who left you
And tarnished hearth and home
I’m not the one who abandoned
The truth to stand alone

I never sold out friendship
I never made that back room deal
I never spoke of honest earnings
And then took what I could steal




Neils
9:33 am
06/03/2009
*
transcribed this time
9:46 am
06/03/2009

N.....again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home