http://www.blogger.com/app/post.pyra?blogID=8650790 neilsthepoet blog: Helz yes baby

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Helz yes baby

Yeah I've been standing on the cliffs of mortality
With the winds of eternity cutting lines on my face
But I still will my way each and every day
And it's not often an easy and relaxed pace

But I do what I can when it comes to training
I run I spar I sweat and push it to achieve
I hold myself to a code for those around me
That I do not lie mislead or deceive

I show some wear it's true
But I've got some strong years left on this frame
I wear my scars and age right out front
I can still go from embers to a roaring flame

But most important I've learned to appreciate
Others who have paid more than a few dues
And when I’ve been privileged to look out their windows
I have often found hard fought hard won hard earned

Astonishingly beautiful views




Neils
9:43 am
03/03/3009
*
transcribed this time
10:20 am
03/03/2009


N....again

7 Comments:

Blogger sharda said...

Beautiful!

sharda

March 8, 2009 at 11:19 AM  
Blogger neilsthepoet said...

You're not that cute little crazy Irish singer who sings some song

About

Beer and Glue
And
I carry a knife

Because I love you

Are you...............?


:)



Neils
1:28 pm
04/11/2009

April 11, 2009 at 12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it, especially the second line. I can imagine tracing those lines with a finger...

April 11, 2009 at 4:02 PM  
Blogger sharda said...

Helz yes I sing some song about Beer and Glue!
How are you Neils?

April 26, 2009 at 7:28 AM  
Blogger neilsthepoet said...

You have a lot of nerve maintaing a sense of humor in the face of all the madness being loosed on the world....now a days.

:-)


Neils
9:35 am
04/26/2009

April 26, 2009 at 7:36 AM  
Blogger neilsthepoet said...

My cat swears he meant to miss
The grass blade and land on the bee
And then jump straight up in the
air wildly for all to see

And I maintain that maintaining
is now apparently spelled
maintaing.......at least accor..ding to my last comment post.


Neils
10:05 am
04/26/2009

April 26, 2009 at 8:08 AM  
Blogger sharda said...

Re your cat :-)
Re creative spelling: Poetic license is always a good excuse

April 26, 2009 at 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home