http://www.blogger.com/app/post.pyra?blogID=8650790 neilsthepoet blog: I will live my own light

Friday, February 20, 2009

I will live my own light

I will die my own wool
That will not get pulled over my eyes
I vow to tell the truth
Because it’s easier to remember than lies

I will not ever forget you my love
I will not forgive my enemies sworn
We all return to the flame of the fire
From the last day to when we first are born

What is this illusion of magic
Where is the allure of charms
If not under your mystic spell
If not found within your arms

I do not know all the answers
But I do what I can
And I will not betray you
I take my oath as a man

Here in the silence of my room
Here behind this breath of life
I hold as steady as any ax handle
I cut as clean as any knife

I offer up my death
As beauty before your soul
I would be many things unto you
But never never will I

Be cold




Neils
7:59 pm
02/20/2009
*
transcribed this time
8:00 pm
02/20/2009


N....again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home