http://www.blogger.com/app/post.pyra?blogID=8650790 neilsthepoet blog: This is our Home Town

Sunday, June 14, 2009

This is our Home Town

And we will make it
A better place
Be it with effort and sweat
Be it with simple grace

I will rise each day
And find a way to make it better
Be it returning a greeting
Or writing a distant friend a letter

No more will I accept the judgment
Of disgruntlement and that’s the way it goes
I have seen the desire of those
Who have the heart to let it show

So

Let’s pick up the trash
Let’s clean up the buildings and streets
Let’s show some determination
Let’s play guitars and dance to a beat

I want to join in
With potato salad and Bar B Q
I want to hear some bad jokes
And blame all the joy on you

I want to box and wrestle
I want to run and lift weights
I want a place where encouragement thrives
And discouragement is told to stand and wait

I want to see the singers
The dancers some skits and plays
I want to see talent step forth
And dare to share with us their dreams today

Young and old
Boys and girls
This is our time
This is our time

This is
Our world



Neils
9:56 am
06/10/2009
*
transcribed this time
1:51 pm
06/14/2009

N....again

2 Comments:

Anonymous sharda said...

Why yes, of course!

June 24, 2009 at 7:34 PM  
Blogger neilsthepoet said...

trouble maker...





Neils
1:10 pm
07/09/2009

July 9, 2009 at 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home