http://www.blogger.com/app/post.pyra?blogID=8650790 neilsthepoet blog: I'm still writting to you

Thursday, June 18, 2009

I'm still writting to you

I’d rather have an hour more conversation
With you

Than two brand new amps and a guitar
I’d rather be havin a breakfast of bacon and eggs
Than to be talked up as some big rock and roll star

I’d rather be sittin in the kitchen
Waitin for the coffee to get done
Than to stand in front of the Heavens
As the seventh son of the seventh son

I’d rather have one more laugh out loud
I’d rather have one more pat on the shoulder
I’d rather have almost anything
Than my world being so much colder

I’d rather walk up on that ratty ol porch
And hear the Doors playing their rhythm low and slow
I’m thankful to not have missed walking in and seeing
That light spill in the window in a soft warm glow

I ‘d rather endure a million more trials
I’d rather face down endless heart aches and fears
Than to have missed a single one of your smiles
Than to have missed a single one of your tears




Neils
7:11 am
06/18/2009
*
transcribed this time
06.17.2998


N....again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home