http://www.blogger.com/app/post.pyra?blogID=8650790 neilsthepoet blog: There are times

Monday, December 27, 2004

There are times

There are times you have to live
Past the darkness

The nighttime and the rain
There are times that you are measured
And all of it is not for gain

Sometimes loss must be suffered
If victory is to stand a chance
Sometimes it is not all pretty
This thing we call chivalry and romance

But I am a western man
And I will die before I am not free
I will not bow before another
And let them tell me what I’ll be

I wear steel upon my belt
And a heart beats in my chest
I will not falter at the challenge
I have and will live to give my best

I have known my share of roses
But if it is time for me to go
The price will not be all mine
You must step to the fore to know

And I have done so many times
And one day I’ll not return
And there will be no light for me
But it will not be because my spirit

Did not burn


Neils
4:44 am
7/11/2004
*
transcribed this time
7:44 pm
12/27/2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home