http://www.blogger.com/app/post.pyra?blogID=8650790 neilsthepoet blog: The Difference

Monday, December 19, 2005

The Difference

Please help me to remember
Something really slick
Some turn of the wrist
That will do the trick

And land me in that adulation
Amounting to fame
Whatever it is whatever it takes
To spread my name

I don’t want it to be a tool
To achieve anything worthwhile
Cause I’m sellin it hard in River City
With a smile

****
****

I believe in entertainment
For entertainment’s sake
I’m working the room
Tryin to get my lucky break

Popularity that’s the ticket
All the way to the stars
Nothing too controversial
Because…..I’m goin far

Some of you might think
I’m sellin out other artists see
Only imitating those who
Actually deal with reality

****
****

Well
Gigs are hard to come by man

Can you tell the difference between
Packaging and talent

I can….


Neils
written about 1993
*
transcribed this time
4:30 pm
12/19/2005


N....again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home