http://www.blogger.com/app/post.pyra?blogID=8650790 neilsthepoet blog: A poem

Thursday, June 25, 2009

A poem

You can agree or disagree with me
You can speak your mind with passion
But do not approach to intimidate me
Or put your hands on me in

Any shape or fashion

I can be persuaded by reason
I can be moved by belief
But I don’t take too lightly
Initiating a threat that I might be

Facing a lot of grief

If I don’t just shut up and go along
Like I’m not allowed any questions at all
Last time I looked I was a regular citizen too
But I don’t recall electing some kind of Deity

To City Hall

When did wanting to know
What is simple honest and true
Get turned into something that can
Be labeled an accusation and then

Hurled back at you

If somebody wants to converse with me
I’m definitely willing to listen to both sides
But please..please give me the same courtesy
Because it’s kind of hard to hear you through

All that anger vindictiveness and pride



Neils
10:34 am
06/23/2009
*
through last night
and some today

N…again

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

here may be the eight winds......
yet, thought and pride can pull us all thru--
i love your blog, neils, the poet, and you are good for my old lion heart.....maryee awa.

June 26, 2009 at 3:18 PM  
Anonymous neilsthepoet said...

Mary of the many names

Maryee is a true artist
Maryee is a loyal friend
Maryee is an adventurer
And a rider of the wind

She's a real smiler
She's a heart lifter
She is mysteriousness moving
She's a shape shifter

She's funny and weird
Exasperating at times
She's thrown money onto roofs
Brought light to the blind

She's a Kentucky gem
She's a Virginia pearl
She's the music in your soul
She's a very strange girl

She has been a traveler
She has been stillness itself
Where is steadfast bravery found
In the wisdom of insecurity

Where else



Neils
12:03 pm
07/04/2009

July 4, 2009 at 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home