http://www.blogger.com/app/post.pyra?blogID=8650790 neilsthepoet blog: As to why

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

As to why

As to why….

I got into it because it was romantic
Because to be truthful it turned on girls
Later I found out it had something
To do with my soul and the rest of the world

I got into it because my friend did
And I thought he was the definition of cool
He had been in Special Forces and by example
Showed all things are not learned in school

I got into it because I started reading
Things like Shelly’s Ode To The West Wind
It took me a while to cry at that to see it
As deeply as did my friend

I got into it because I started hearing it
In music and leaves blowing in the wind
I got into it because I saw a way to live
To where you did not have to fake it and pretend



Neils
9:52 pm
03/16/2005
*
transcribed this time
10:22 pm
03/16/2005

1 Comments:

Blogger KASPAR said...

Schweet, Neils.

April 14, 2005 at 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home