http://www.blogger.com/app/post.pyra?blogID=8650790 neilsthepoet blog: Jack

Monday, July 13, 2009

Jack

And then he’s not there

To jump up and snatch that dry dog bone
And scoot down the hall and make you feel you’re
Not so all alone and that you do live in a home

How can such a baby so alive die
How can such a little one so loved pass
How can my rag shaking terrier terror
Have left me so fast

I miss him so much already
Did I do something to cause this
Maybe he was trying to tell me something
And it ended up something I missed

I wish I had a whole bunch of white
Hairs all over my shirt
I wish that my heart wasn’t so
Full of emptiness and hurt

He used to jump up in the chair
And sit right in my lap
And if I were real real still
He’d even rest and take a light nap

He used to sit right in front of lightning
Right there in the curve of his chest
Jack was one of the biggest little dogs ever
Jack was definitely one of the best

Now everything I do is the first time
I’ve done it without him being there
Pet and hug them all while they’re with you
Let them know you really care

It could have been the heat
The air conditioner froze up
I got too busy with the idiots
Who seem to dig being corrupt

I brought a big dog in
Maybe that created stress
Am I being too self reflective
Too self blaming it’s anybody’s guess

****
****

I buried him out a country road
And now when I run past I know that he is there
He went so young and beautiful
I still feel his presence every where

What’ll I do with those little sausages
He loved to eat those
Along with red ground chuck meat
Rolled up into little rows

Not that he couldn’t wolf down chicken
He was all the other dog’s friend
And he was definitely more than one to me
And he did it that way until the very end

I miss his joyous energy in the morning
Welcoming me to the day
I miss his jumping on my face
And now tears are all I have to say

Nothing seems the same
Knowing he’s not right outside that door
Even as I write this it’s hard …..hard
To know he’s not going to be there anymore

I miss you Jack
I love you Jack
Jack Jack the maniac
I love you I love you
And you’re never coming back


Neils
12:28 am
07/14/2009
*
get your dogs wormed
don’t let the world take them
out of turn
do all that you can
it’ll make you a better person
it’ll make you a better man

N….again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home